WELL HealthVenturesWELL is investing in the advancement of digital health modernization in Canada. Learn More. WELL HealthVentures

Billing & Backoffice

WELL Billing and Backoffice Services 

WELL’s Billing and Backoffice Services Group acts as a consolidation point for billing related acquisitions, assets and other similar growth initiatives. This new business unit is focused on the North American medical billing and back-office marketplace.

DoctorCare Logo

On November 1, 2020, WELL Health completed its acquisition of DoctorCare, the market leader for “billing as a service” for doctors in Canada, for approximately $11M, plus a multi-year performance earn-out of up to $7M.

DoctorCare uses proprietary software and systems to provide medical BAAS or “Billing as a Service” outsourcing services to over 2,000 physicians across Canada. DoctorCare’s leading edge billing and back-office tools are designed to support doctors who don’t have the benefit of a sophisticated back-office team. DoctorCare has been supporting the practice and management needs of physicians across Canada since 2012, helping them streamline their billing operations and allowing them to spend more time on patient care. DoctorCare is already integrated with WELL’s OSCAR Pro EMR and is featured on WELL’s apps.health marketplace

Learn more at doctorcare.ca

Doctor Services Group Logo

On June 2, 2021, WELL Health announced its wholly-owned subsidiary, DoctorCare, completed the acquisition of a 51% stake in Doctors Services Group Limited. The remaining 49% of the issued and outstanding shares of DSG will be retained by the founders of DSG, who will continue to operate the company on a post-closing basis. 

DSG was established in 2005 and has been an industry leader in the provision of uninsured services billing programs and providing physicians a suite of tools and services that transform practice productivity and enhance patient care.  Physicians implement DSG’s services to outsource the administrative burden associated with independently managing an uninsured service billing program. With over a decade of experience, DSG is the professional and economical alternative to performing these functions internally.  DSG works with a wide range of clients and can accommodate any medical practice that performs uninsured services in order to maximize their practice revenue. Post-closing, DSG is expected to generate over $450K of annual normalized EBITDA. 

Learn more at doctorsservices.ca